Sunday, March 15, 2009
"Spring"ing Ahead -- Glorious Sunshine!
This week we caught the fever - spring fever - and broke out the stroller and the rake. We've spent hours every day outside - playing at the park, power walking around the block, watching Elijah run up and down the driveway, and working in the backyard (you should see E-man dragging around the rake, looking over at me to see how I do it, and trying to immitate my raking form. Of course, the rake is 4x his size, but he is committed to doing this right. What a champ!) When he must come back inside, the only things that will console him are Sesame Street (a.k.a. "Ehmo") and bathtime. We are (drum roll) finally finishing our sprinkler system in the back yard so we will have nice soft grass for the kids to play on this year in a nice fenced in area, but have a lot of overgrowth to clear out before that can happen. We are also planning our first vegetable garden. Tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, snap peas! I can taste them already. I love the anticipation and seeing the progress! I especially love having something to do together that will have lasting results.